Google’s annual developer conference, Google I/O, is currently underway at the Moscone Centre in San Francisco. The first day’s proceedings concluded a couple of hours back and the updates are simply overwhelming. From Google Glass to Google+, a lot of upgrades were introduced and our team here at solomoIT had a tough time keeping up!
With social media being the most relevant to us, we thought we’ll take a small bite out of the chunk of information and present to you how the world of social media has been rocked by Google+ announcements. At the time of writing, a total of 41 changes have been rolled out, resulting in a complete revamp! Although not immensely popular here in Australia, Google+ currently has 390M monthly active users and 190M directly on the stream. With Google pushing out amazing upgrades it will pay dividends to incorporate Google+ into your organisation’s social media strategy. Now, let’s have a look at a few of the most important developments from Google I/O 2013.
Stream – Fresh design catering to multiple devices and gives users much more to explore
- Multi-column layout depending on the size of your screen
- Photos and videos are awesomely sized allowing for a visual treat
- Cool animations – menu slide, share box bounces, cards flip and fade and so much more!
- Google will look at your posts, determine what it’s about and tag it accordingly
- Click on a hashtag and the card will be flipped , letting you browse related content
Hangouts – Just got better
- Messaging is more responsive and provides a richer experience
- Relive your previous conversations by browsing through the history
- No more notifications
- Whether you are conversing 1-to-1 or with a group of people, you are now able to make a free video call to everyone you’re with
- The Hangouts app is widely available through Google Play, App Store and the Chrome Web Store.
- It’s a part of Gmail and Google+!
Awesome Photo Experience
- Instant upload – With your permission, all of your mobile photos are backed up. To add to that you get 15 GB of storage space too!
- Auto Highlight – Helps locating the best images by filtering through duplicates and poor exposures. Simply visit your Photos page and your Highlights are ready to be shared!
- Auto Enhance –Google+ now enhances your photographs automatically by improving the brightness, contrast, saturation etc. automatically, giving you professional quality images.
- Auto Awesome –A brand new image from a set of photos in your library; nothing short of awesome!
There you go! We’ve scratched the surface of Google+ upgrades following the conclusion of the first day of Google I/O 2013. You can visit the following sites for up-to-date information on all the latest developments. Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter pages as well!
http://googleplusproject.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-google-stream-hangouts-and-photos.html http://mashable.com/2013/05/15/google-io-announcements-2013/ http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/interactive/2013/may/15/google-io-developer-conference-live http://www.cultofandroid.com/?s=Google+I%2FO
Businesses that have already surfaced to the cloud are aware of the massive efficiencies they are able to reap using web and mobile applications leveraging the latest digital hybrid technology hardware...
In today digital age it is given that every business needs to have a web presence in order to reach their potential target market! However, Having assisted hundreds of small to medium businesses develop...
Officially announced! to the total length. That’s not all! This is a fabulous news for SMEs struggling to